Google Authenticator is now available as a multi factor authentication (MFA) method for accessing your online account.
The Google Authenticator app provides you with a constantly updating MFA access PIN that you can use without having it texted or emailed to you. When you sign in to your retirement account, enter the code from the app and you're in!
New User Setup Instructions:
If you are new user logging into your retirement account, our website will ask you to choose your MFA delivery method. Choose "Google Authenticator" as your delivery method and click "NEXT":
A special QR code/secret key will be generated. Scan or enter this code in the Google Authenticator app, then click "NEXT" to complete the setup:
Existing User Setup Instructions:
Alternatively, if you are already using text message or email for MFA and would like to switch to Google Authenticator, you can update your OTP method of delivery in your personal information page.
1. Log into your retirement account.
2. Go to account settings icon and select "Personal Info" to access your account settings.
3. Scroll down and find your account security settings. Choose "Google Authenticator" from the drop down box. A special QR code/secret key will be generated. You'll scan or enter this code in the Google Authenticator app, then enter the access PIN that is generated within the app and click "VERIFY" to complete the setup:
Setting up Google Authenticator:
1. Search for and download the Google Authenticator app in the App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Open the app and complete set up.
3. Once in app click add (+) and then click "Scan barcode" to scan QR code. (Hint: You will need to allow the app to access your camera in order to scan code and generate PIN)
4. Enter code into online account: