In accordance with the cares act, the coronavirus-related loan provisions described below expired on september 22, 2020.
The CARES Act requires that the participant must be affected by the coronavirus pandemic to request a coronavirus-related loan. You are considered "affected" by the virus if:
- You are diagnosed with COVID-19
- Your spouse or dependent is diagnosed with COVID-19
- You experience adverse financial consequences as a result of being quarantined, furloughed, laid off, having work hours reduced, being unable to work due to lack of child care due to COVID-19, closing or reducing hours of a business owned or operated by the individual due to COVID-19
- Other factors as determined by the Treasury Secretary
Coronavirus-related loan provisions:
- Withdrawal up to $100,000 or 100% of your vested account balance, whichever is less (across all your retirement plans)
- Maximum amortization schedule is 5 years
- Only permitted for 180 days from the enactment of the CARES Act (3/27/2020 through 9/22/2020)
- Loan payments can be delayed (interest must still be accrued for what would be the regularly scheduled payments)
- Your Plan's loan policies are in effect regarding the number of loans permitted to a participant at a time
- For example, if your plan has a one loan limit, and you already have an outstanding loan, you will not be eligible to take another loan unless your Employer chooses to amend the limits of the plan.
Steps for requesting your CARES Act Loan:
- Initiate request through your online account.
- Complete online web request form with desired loan details (loan amount, number of payments, etc.).
- Complete loan application (emailed to you based on your submission of Step 2).
- Plan Sponsor review and approval of loan application.
- If approved, loan application is submitted for processing.
Detailed steps for requesting:
- Initiated through the Participant's online account
- Hover over Plan Statements, Reports & Forms in the navigation menu, select Forms
- Within the Select Forms menu, choose CARES Act Loan Request Form and click Get Results
- The below page will launch to provide details about the CARES Act loans. Click Begin Here to start your loan request.
- In the Loan Request Form, enter details about your loan request, including:
- Name and email address
- Review interest rate, max loan amount*, and max number of payments
- Enter request amount
- Enter requested number of payments
- Choose maximum available options
- Review confirmation details and click Submit
- Note: Maximum loan amount is vested balance, less the 12-month high of outstanding loan balances
- After submission, you'll receive an email with your attached loan application paperwork.
- Complete this loan application, sign the document and return it using the instructions on the form for having the request approved.
- Once approved, your loan will be processed and the funds will be sent to you.