Welcome to the Help Center

Changing Plan Contribution Amounts

In general, you are not able to change your contribution amounts once the plan year has commenced. All elections must be made during the open enrollment period for your plan. You may only change your election during the plan year if you can demonstrate a qualified “change in status.” The following events will be considered a valid change in status under Internal Revenue Service regulations: 

  •   Change in legal marital status
  •   Change in number of dependents
  •   Change in employment status that affects your eligibility for benefits
  •   Dependent satisfies or ceases to satisfy eligibility requirements
  •   Significant change of residence or work-site
  •   Judgment, decree or order pertaining to child or spouse

You must report your change in status to your employer within 30 days of the qualifying event